Saturday, October 26, 2013

Words of Wisdom



www.HippiePeaceFreak
I needed to see this facebook message from friend Jason today. After several sessions with a counselor about my life post-Peace Corps, it was suggested that I might think about changing my expectations and my goals. A light bulb went off. An "Aha" moment.

I know this. Good lord I've been knowing this for a long time.  I work on it everyday....well, almost everyday.  How easy to slip back into old ways of thinking, into habitual responses that don't work.  I know this, but I needed to hear it again, and yet again.  I hear John Lennon and the Beatles, "Let it Be." 

Play this song at my funeral, I say to the kids, laughing. I don't think they think it's a laughing matter, but I tell them I like the message. 

"Always go back to the Serenity Prayer," I say to myself. 
"God, give me the courage to accept the things I cannot change,
The strength to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."



No comments:

Don't get out the popcorn yet: The Wheels of Justice Grind Slowly

"Delay, Delay, Delay: From pre-trial motions to negotiations over security, the master of legal stalling has many tactics in his arsena...