Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Brothers


"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial, but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." I Corinthians 15:40. Above, "Hologram of a Crystal Globe," flickr photo by Will S, a detail from the front cover of National Geographic, December 1988, which I am sure Loren saw and savored.

My brother Loren would have loved to see his new nephew Chase. Maybe he’s sending greetings now that only Chase can hear. Loren was eight years younger than me, but we were always close in spirit. I miss him every day. Brotherly love.

So I am happy for my grandsons Josh and Kyle, who now have a new brother. Josh is 14 years old, Kyle 9, and Chase one week old today. That’s

quite a gap in years between them. But I hope they will be as close in spirit as my brother and I were, as we continue to be.

One day Chase will join Josh and Kyle on his bike and ride over to see me. It’s one of the greatest pleasures of being here and so close to my children. Just a bike ride away. Like me and Loren in the quantum hologram of forever.

No comments:

Don't get out the popcorn yet: The Wheels of Justice Grind Slowly

"Delay, Delay, Delay: From pre-trial motions to negotiations over security, the master of legal stalling has many tactics in his arsena...