|Photo: Leadership Conference on Civil Rights/Twitter|
Gorsuch prides himself on being an "originalist," meaning he interprets the U.S. Constitution as it was originally written in the 1780s. He's stuck in the 18th century and calls it "the law." In 1787, folks, only white males with property could vote. Does he support this, too?
This is the 21st century, and we have 21st century issues that the original founders could not have anticipated or imagined. We don't need a justice who rules against women, autistic children, and a frozen truck driver, and who supports big companies, bosses over workers, and "dark money" in politics, all in the name of "It's the law."
No, it's not the law, Gorsuch. It's YOUR opinion of the law, taking us back to 1787.
Here are 10 reasons to vote "No on Gorsuch," which I've collected and borrowed from various online article. He is no Merrick Garland, Obama's nominee and a true moderate.
1. Thinks corporations are people who can hold religious views and deny women coverage for birth control. Remember Hobby Lobby.
2. Believes women are "manipulators," as in women "manipulate maternity leave."
3. Endangers Planned Parenthood. Come on folks, this is the 21st century. What's wrong with birth control?
4. Rules against the rights of people with disabilities, as in his ruling against autistic kids.
5. Opposes marriage equality and gay rights. Pence and the extreme-right evangelicals support him for this reason.That's why I call Gorsuch Pence on the Bench.
6. Rules against workers, like the frozen truck driver, and for employers & big companies.
7. Has ruled against Environmental Protection. Is he a climate change denier?
8. Has ruled against consumer protection.
9. Supports Citizens United, like the $10M 'dark money' now funding his campaign for the Court,which he refuses to discuss. If you want to limit the influence of money in politics, this is NOT your man.
10.Has weakened the Sherman anti-trust laws, and will continue to do so, with his narrow reading of the law.